1. Continuously opening this product page and adding the item to my cart dozens of times only to see pictures of Amazon dogs and fake apologies.
2. Bought the regular Blu-ray. Yeah, I know.
3. Waffling between wanting to invite people for chai and persistent discomfort at the idea of being a host.
4. Ethernet 😐
5. Need reasons to use my cool new pen.
6. Learned how to copy and paste on Mac using a non-Mac keyboard. Somebody told me today; I'd somehow never bothered to Google it.
___
Haven't watched a movie on a plane in a minute, but I decided to spend some of the nicest flight of my life (for the foreseeable future) watching Hoppers!
___

Hoppers (2026) - directed by Daniel Chong
The first creepy beaver horror film I’ve seen, so it’s automatically #1 in that category. Ridiculous movie (I say with love).
🦫🪵🥔❤️
🦫🪵🥔❤️
Watched: July 26, 2026
Rating: ★★★★ / 5
___
Hopper's is about a girl (Mabel) that stumbles upon an unexpected solution to repopulate an abandoned nature-y area.
I could not believe what I was watching throughout the whole movie. It's probably not the wackiest movie ever made, but whenever I have the instinct to call something too weird to exist, it usually means it's pretty good in my book. See: my Breakfast of Champions review. I also feel this way about some pre-blog stuff like The Spear Cuts Through Water and Dungeon Crawler Carl—all for very different reasons.
And despite this movie being totally bonkers, it did some successful emotional manipulation on me. I was crying at the 15 minute and 57 minute and 89 minute mark at least. I miss Grandma, and I just wanted Mabel to be able to save their special spot.
I can't think about Hoppers without smiling. I'm glad Pixar continues to make good stuff even if my finger is off the pulse.
Mild spoilers: The premise is not at all rooted in reality, but I still couldn't help
finding it hard to suspend disbelief at moments. Why was it so easy to
reverse engineer technology that must've taken many years to develop?
Why does a mammal king have non-mammal subjects? The flying shark was
totally fine though (Diane's actually really nice!); I loved it.
🦎
No comments:
Post a Comment